Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Best Bridge Designs Balsa W




is no point living like a king next to useless
this still hearth, among barren rocks,
the consort of an old, inventing and deciding
Unequal laws unto a savage,
it accumulates, and sleeps and eats, and does not know who I am.
not not rest from travel: I drink
life to the lees. I've always enjoyed
much, I have suffered greatly, with whom
loved me alone, on the coast and when
with swift currents of the rain constellations
Vext the dim sea. I have become famous;
For always, driven by a hungry heart
've seen and know many cities
men and manners, climates, councils, governments,
them not being ignored, but always honored at all;
And drunk delight of battle with my peers,
Far on the ringing plains of windy Troy.
am part of everything I've seen;
and yet all experience is an arch through which
foresee an unknown world, whose horizon
flee again and again when I move.
How dull it is to stop, terminate,
rust free, not to shine in use!
As though to breathe were life. Life piled on life Were all too
, and the only one I have
me Little remains: but every hour rescues
of eternal silence, something more,
brings something new, and would be negligible
time care and custody of three soles, and restrain this spirit
ya viejo, pero que arde en el deseo
de seguir aprendiendo, como se sigue a una estrella que cae,
más allá del límite más extremo del pensamiento humano.

Éste es mi hijo, mi propio Telémaco,
a quien dejo el cetro y esta isla.
Lo quiero mucho; tiene el criterio para triunfar
en esta labor, para civilizar con prudente paciencia
a un pueblo rudo, y para llevarlos lentamente
a que se sometan a lo que es útil y bueno.
Es del todo impecable, dedicado completamente
a los intereses comunes, y se puede confiar
en que sea compasivo y cumpla los ritos
con que se adora a los dioses tutelares
cuando me haya ido. Él hace lo suyo, yo, mine.

There lies the port, the vessel puffs her sail: There gloom
the broad, dark sea. You, my sailors,
souls who have worked and suffered and thought with me,
and always
a frolic welcome took The thunder and the sunshine, receiving free
with hearts and free minds, you and I aged.
Old age hath yet his honor and his work.
Death closes all: but something ere the end,
some work of noble note, may yet be done,
Not unbecoming men that strove with gods.
Stars begin to shine on the rocks:
the long day wanes: the slow moon climbs: the deep Moans
many voices. Come, my friends.
not too late to seek a newer world.
Push off, and sitting well in the resounding beat the computer
grooves, as I intend
sail beyond the sunset, and the bathing
that all the western stars, until I die.
streams may sink and destroy us;
is possible that we shall touch the Happy Isles,
and see the great Achilles, whom we met.
Though much is taken, much abides; and
despite that we are not now that strength which once moved
the earth and the heavens, what we are, we are:
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
weakened by time and fate, but with a determined will
to strive, to seek, find, and not surrender.


Alfred Lord Tennyson

0 comments:

Post a Comment